2020 Hotels, Lodges, and B&Bs
If you're planning to visit Valdez, Alaska during the 2020 season and looking for accommodations, check out our list of hotels and motels, lodges and cabins, and B&Bs. These facilities are taking the proper precautions to ensure your safety as well as the safety of other guests, staff, and our Valdez community. If you're interested in camping, see our list of open campgrounds & RV parks.
Hotels & Motels
- Best Western Valdez Harbor Inn is open and taking reservations, though the Wheelhouse restaurant is closed for now.
- Downtown B&B Inn is open, though the kitchen is closed for the year.
- Glacier Hotel is currently closed but anticipates opening in the near future.
- Keystone Hotel is set to open on Friday, May 22, 2020.
- Mountain Sky Hotel & Suites is open and taking reservations. The hotel restaurant is closed until June.
- Totem Hotel & Suites is open and taking reservations. Breakfast is offered to go.
Lodges and Cabins
- Copper River Princess Wilderness Lodge in Copper Center is unfortunately closed for the 2020 season.
- Eagles Rest has cabins that will be available starting July 1.
- Kennicott Glacier Lodge in McCarthy will open on June 6, 2020.
- The Lodge at Black Rapids in Delta Junction opened on May 15, 2020.
- Red Eagle Lodge in Chistochina has cabins available to long-term renters.
- Robe Lake Lodg and Cabins is currently open and taking reservations.
- Shoup Bay State Marine Park Cabins are able to be reserved.
- Tsaina Lodge closed on March 17 as a safety precaution and will remain closed for now.
- The Wedgewood Resort in Fairbanks is open.
- Valdez KOA is not open currently, but intends to open soon.
Bed & Breakfasts
"Cabins will be available starting July 1st. For your safety and ours we are limiting contact as much as possible so our office is closed, but we'll be answering the phone to take your reservation or to answer questions."
"If you are thinking about staying with us, please be assured that we are implementing all appropriate health and safety measures as required by the State of Alaska and CDC.
Our cancellation policy for summer 2020 has been modified as follows:
More than 14 days before arrival: Full Refund
Less than 14 days before arrival: 100% cancellation fee*
July, August, September Reservations
More than 30 days before arrival: Full refund, less $25 per night service fee
Less than 30 days before arrival: 100% cancellation fee*
*All 2020 reservations may be transferred to 2021 without penalty."
"In response to the coronavirus, we are taking additional measures to protect our guests and staff by making our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous, closely monitoring room assignments and practicing social distancing.
We are disinfecting high touch points multiple times a day. This includes the front desk, lobby, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms, key cards, pens and touch pads.
We are not entering rooms during guest stays, rooms are left vacant for four days, staff does not enter vacated rooms for 24 hours and room assignments are staggered for maximum separation.
Complimentary breakfast is available To-Go."
"The health and safety of our guests, customers, and staff is our highest priority. As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread throughout the country, we want to assure our guests and business partners that we have a comprehensive response and safety plan in place on par with other industry leaders.
Fountainhead Hotels are taking every measure to minimize the risk of transmission and are following official guidelines as well as advices from state medical and national government authorities to limit the spread of the virus."