Aspen Interpretive Trail
This is an easy trail located in Glennallen, Alaska.
The interpretive trail has informative signs about a number of species of animals, plants, and fungi that can be observed in the area. The species you may encounter on the trail include:
- Black Bear, Ursus americanos
- Black Spruce, Picea mariana
- Crowberry (Blackberry), Empetrum nigrum
- Diamond Willow fungus, Cytospora chrysosperma
- Horsetail, Equisetum spp.
- Kinnikinnick, Arctostaphylos uva-ursi
- Lowbush Cranberry (Lingonberry), Vaccinium vitus-idaea
- Moose, Alces alces
- Mosquito, Aedes spp.
- Red Baneberry, Actaea rubra
- Soapberry (Canada Buffalo Berry), Shepherdia canadensis
- Quaking Aspen, Populus tremuloides
- Witch's Broom, Chrysomyxa arctostaphyli
- Wood Frog, Rana sylvatica
This trail is generally easy for hiking. At some points, the trail passes over streams or boggy areas, but bridges or planks are provided for hikers.
Trail Conditions on the Aspen Interpretive Trail